Your hardworking guy deserves a delicious lunch break in the middle of the day to refuel and step away from the demands of the job.
But sometimes lunch can be as monotonous and uninspiring as work.
Same old sandwich.
Same old chips.
Same old whatever it is he tends to eat every day.
Have you ever thought about shaking up your partner’s lunchtime routine with something unexpected?
Before sending your husband off with his lunch in hand, why not surprise him with one (or more) of these sweet and flirty notes?
With these sweet messages tucked into his lunch box, he’ll be all smiles when he opens it, no matter what kind of day (or sandwich) he’s having.
Remind him that you’re always thinking of him with these fun little tokens of your love!
What Kinds of Things Should You Write in Lunch Box Notes for Your Husband?
It takes more than a boring “because I love you” to make your husband feel loved. A little creativity goes a long way when it comes to spicing up those lunch box notes.
Forget about the generic messages, and try writing something meaningful and unique.
Here are some general topics to get you started that are sure to put a smile on his face come lunchtime:
Fun and Funny: Fun lunch notes are great for keeping things light and cheery. Try a joke, a silly riddle, or even an adorable emoji.
Encouragement: Give him some positive reinforcement with lunch box notes reminding him how much you believe in him. No matter what he is going through in life or at work, he’ll definitely appreciate your words of encouragement.
Flattery: Who doesn’t love a little flattery? With notes telling him how handsome, smart, and kind he is, you can be sure he will enjoy lunchtime even more.
Love and romance: Showing your husband that you genuinely love him doesn’t have to take long, heartfelt letters or big romantic gestures. A sweet lunch box note telling him why you love him works just as well.
No matter what types of notes you decide to write for your husband, there’s no denying that they will make lunchtime even more enjoyable.
Who knows, maybe he’ll even start looking forward to lunchtime so he can have the pleasure of reading your sweet messages.
99 Sweet and Flirty Lunch Notes for Your Husband
Work is serious business, so make him smile (or even laugh) with a note in his lunch box to make his day. Here are 99 ideas to get you started:
Funny Notes to Leave on Your Husband’s Lunch
1. I may not be able to cook like a gourmet chef, but I can pack a mean PB and J.
2. All this meal needs is a hug (and maybe some hot sauce!)
3. I’m so glad I married you, even if it meant upping my sandwich-making game.
4. You have the most handsome smile, even with food stuck in your teeth.
5. Thanks for putting up with all my quirks and weird habits – as long as I keep making you good lunches.
6. I thank the universe every day for giving me you. But you can thank me for the lunch.
7. Here are a few cookies for lunch. They are my way of saying you’re the sweetest.
8. I just wanted to let you know lunch isn’t the only thing I’m good at making. More info to come.
9. Have lunch with me in spirit but don’t ever ghost me.
10. I put my heart and soul into this lunch. I hope it’s not too messy.
11. You’re all that and this half-eaten bag of chips I found in the pantry.
12. Lunch happens… but beer is better. Let’s grab one later and then grab each other.
13. I pack the best lunch in town. Too bad the food’s not that great.
14. I hope you don’t mind leftovers. If you do, just pretend it’s last night.
15. I made your lunch with love and some extra mayo. Just like you like it.
16. Don’t forget to thank your personal chef when you get back tonight!
17. Roses are red. Violets are blue. I made you this lunch because you asked me to. (And because I love you!)
18. While you’re eating this lunch, think about the fact that I made it wearing my bathrobe. And nothing else.
19. Your computer sent me a message about your lunch. It said, “Fix this guy a byte to eat.”
Cute Lunch Notes for Your Husband
20. You are my knight in shining armor who makes me feel like a princess.
21. Thank you for always working so hard. I’m so proud of you!
22. Have a fantastic day, sweetheart! I love and miss you already.
23. Aren’t we lucky that our lives together are an adventure filled with laughter and joyous moments?
24. Every second spent with you is more precious than anything money can buy. I love you.
25. I feel so blessed to have such a loving, smart, and handsome husband by my side.
26. I just wanted you to know that no matter how far away you are, my heart is always with you.
27. No matter what life throws at us, our love will always see us through.
28. You’re the best husband ever and don’t forget it. I hope you enjoy this lunch made with love.
29. Thanks for being the superman in my life. You have my heart, always and forever.
30. I just wanted to say I’m so proud of you, and I love you more than words can describe.
31. I miss you like crazy when you’re away; have a wonderful day, my love. But come home soon.
32. I’m counting the minutes until you come home. Think of me with every bite.
33. My days are brighter, and my heart is fuller because of you.
34. This is an official reminder to take a break from work while eating this. Even superheroes need energy boosts.
35. I packed this lunch to nourish your body the way you nourish my soul.
36. I hope you have an amazing day, handsome. You deserve it!
37. I may not be able to see you or hug you right now, but I’m sending you all my love. Bon appétit!
38. I hope your lunch is as awesome as you are. Have a great day, hot stuff!
39. Eat, drink, and be merry. Or better yet, just eat and save the drink and merriment for when you get home!
40. You make my world go round, and I’m dizzy with love for you.
41. You are my sunshine, even though it’s raining cats and dogs today. Enjoy your lunch, my love.
Flirty Notes to Leave on Your Husband’s Lunch
42. I just wanted to let you know lunch isn’t the only thing I’m good at making 😉
43. Here’s lunch; now, how about dessert later?
44. I hope you enjoy lunch as much as I enjoy being married to you.
45. I packed your lunch with lots of love. Be sure to show me some when you get back!
46. I hope you enjoy your burger, but you’ve got the hottest buns in town!
47. Don’t worry about the calories. I’ll give you a workout when you get home.
48. I hope lunch is as deliciously yummy as you are!
49. I’ll have a special treat for us tonight that’s even better than the treat in your lunch. Rush home to me, please!
50. Let’s have a happily ever after tonight when you get home.
51. If lunch isn’t enough to fill you up, come straight home for dessert!
52. Enjoy your lunch because I’ll be cooking dinner in my birthday suit when you get home tonight 😉
53. I know you’re having a tough time at work, so how about a special massage when you get home tonight?
54. Have lunch with me in spirit, and I’ll make it worthwhile when you get home.
55. Kitchen, bedroom, or should I just head to your office right now?
Romantic Lunch Box Notes for Your Husband
56. I hope lunch fills your tummy with as much love as you fill my heart with every day.
57. You make me feel complete and loved, and I can’t thank you enough.
58. You have the kindest heart and the sweetest soul, and I’m blessed to call you mine.
59. Thinking of you while you eat lunch and wishing I could be there with you.
60. I love you more than my morning coffee – and that’s saying a lot.
61. I’ve packed this with extra love today. I hope it doesn’t spill into your food.
62. Making this lunch for you gives me so much pleasure because you do so much for me.
63. I’m so proud of all your accomplishments, and I will always support you no matter what.
64. I just wanted to say I love you more than words can express!
65. Thanks for being such an awesome husband, dad, and worker. You amaze me.
66. Catch some sunshine today; it’s coming from me!
67. I hope your day is as sweet as you are.
68. Don’t worry; everything will be alright. You’ve got this. I’m rooting for you.
69. I hope you get all the hugs and kisses your heart desires today – but only from me!
70. Did I mention this morning that I love you? Just in case I didn’t, I love you!!!
More Related Articles
17 Perfect Love Poems For Your Boyfriend That Will Make Him Cry Tears of Joy
Love Notes for Husband’s Lunch Box
71. My day starts by thinking of you, and it ends with you in my arms. I’m a lucky woman.
72. Your love and affection make me feel like I can conquer the world.
73. I’m so happy and blessed that I have you in my life. I love you more than I can express.
74. I am so proud of who you are and how you treat other people. You inspire me.
75. Life is always better when we’re together.
76. If a sandwich could hug, it would give you one right now. (That’s why I went light on the mayo.)
77. I love writing this little note because I know you’ll think of me when you read it. And I’m thinking of you.
78. I packed this lunch full of love and kisses; enjoy every bite!
79. My heart flutters like a butterfly when I think of you.
80. I hope today is a good day for you and that it brings lots of joy and laughter.
81. This is just a little note to say you are the love of my life. I’m awed by you.
82. I wanted to send a little love to brighten your day and remind you that I’m always thinking of you.
83. Enjoy lunch and come back soon – I miss you already!
84. No matter what, you will always be the apple of my eye. Enjoy your lunch, handsome!
Cute Lunch Notes for Your Boyfriend
85. I hope lunchtime brings you a smile as big and bright as mine.
86. Food = fuel, but you are what keeps me going.
87. Life without you would be like lunch without dessert — disappointing and bland.
88. Enjoy lunch, babe. I made it with a little piece of my heart. (But don’t eat that!)
89. I wish I could share lunch with you, but since I can’t, at least we’re together in our hearts.
90. May this lunch give you all the energy and strength you need for the rest of your day.
91. Nothing compares to the warmth of your hug. So eat up and come give me one.
92. Enjoy lunch and come back soon, my love! 🙂 I miss you already!
93. You are my sunshine – when life gets dark, your light is always there to guide me through.
94. I miss you like crazy when we’re apart, and I can’t wait to be with you again
95. I’m so grateful to call you my boyfriend and have the privilege of loving you.
96. You bring out the best in me, and I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.
97. You make me the happiest person when you wrap your arms around me.
98. I love the way you look at me with those beautiful eyes of yours.
99. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on and my rock in times of crisis.
How Do I Write a Lunch Note for My Husband?
Writing a lunch note for your husband doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming! Here are six tips to help you craft the perfect lunch note:
Start With a Sweet Salutation
Begin your note with a sweet salutation such as “Hi Hubby!” or “To the love of my life.” These simple words will show your husband that you care and think of him even when you’re apart.
Use an Endearing Nickname
If you have a special nickname for your husband, use it! Nicknames help to make lunch notes more personal and meaningful.
From “Honey Bun” to “My Prince Charming,” you can come up with plenty of endearing nicknames.
Make it Personal
Include thoughts and inspiration about his day, your loving feelings about him, something he may be worried about at work, or funny stories you share.
Mentioning these details shows that you are interested in his day and care about his feelings.
Acknowledge His Achievements
Let your husband know that you recognize the hard work he puts into his job and other tasks by acknowledging any achievements he has made.
This could include completing an important project at work or achieving small goals like working out every day for a month.
The recognition can provide much-needed motivation and confidence in his abilities.
Add an Inside Joke
Nothing says “I love you” like inside jokes.
Whether it’s a funny situation that happened recently or something silly from your early days of dating, including an inside joke in your lunch note will definitely put a smile on his face and make your lunchtime message more endearing.
End With a Loving Statement
Finally, end your lunch note with a loving statement that expresses how much you appreciate him.
From something like “I’m so lucky to have you in my life” to “You make me the happiest person alive,” these words will show your husband how much he means to you and remind him of the love that you share!
Other Ideas for Surprising Him with His Lunch
If lunch notes aren’t your thing, there are other ways to surprise your husband.
Whether it’s packing his lunch in a fun lunch box or adding a little something extra to his lunch bag, here are a few ideas to make lunchtime more enjoyable for him:
Pack his favorite meal: Surprises don’t always have to be grand gestures! If you know his favorite meal, consider packing it for him. This simple yet thoughtful gesture will make your husband feel extra special.
Include a spicy photo of you: Lunch notes don’t have to be serious! If you want to spice things up, why not surprise him with a picture of you in a creative outfit? It’s sure to make your lunch messages just as memorable.
Add a few snacks: If your husband loves snacking throughout the day, why not add some of his favorite treats to his lunch box? Whether it’s popcorn, candy bars, or fresh fruits and vegetables, your husband will surely appreciate the extra effort you put into making his lunch.
Include a lunch game: If you want to make lunchtime more interactive, why not include a lunch game in your husband’s lunch box? This could be anything from a word search, crossword puzzle, or even an origami project!
Order his favorite meal and have it delivered: If packing lunch is not your thing, why not order his favorite meal and have it delivered to him? Just make sure to send it with a lunch note that expresses your love and appreciation!
Nothing says “I love you” like a sweet, flirty lunch note! Whether you write it yourself or get creative with your surprises, these little messages can be just the thing to brighten up his day.
So, show your husband some lunchtime love with the above ideas! He’s sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness and love.